Monday, January 8, 2018

What to Do On A BRRRR Cold Michigan Winter Night?

The first week in January 2018 has been pretty chilly!  Temps as low as -20 below.   This weather makes me want to hibernate.  But here is a fun friendly idea.  Easy to do, plus it feeds everyone.  Make pizza!  I had my Grandkids over to celebrate Ronan’s 3rd birthday.  I thought to myself, while planning, what we can do that is fun since we can’t go out to shovel (Ronan likes to shovel snow), take a walk or build a snowman.  I decided making personal pizzas would be fun and we could get the family involved from Grumpa (yep, that’s what we call him) down to the birthday boy.
We used 3 Walmart Great Value pizza dough packs (in the refrigerated biscuit section of the supermarket), and then I dove into my cupboard and refrigerator to find the topping.  I pulled out sliced black olives, mushrooms, Greek pepperoncini, artichokes, sliced tomatoes, mozzarellas, cheddar cheese, diced up onions, ham, yellow and red peppers, pepperoni; which I think you could substitute with salami.  Use your imagination or better yet, let the kids use theirs!  Don’t forget the jarred pizza sauce—I think you could use canned tomato sauce instead of pizza sauce.  Another thought, brush the dough with olive oil and garlic instead of the pizza sauce……yummy….just thinking about it.
Ronan and Brynn each made their own pizza.  Brynn wanted cheese only.  Ronan was more creative with black olives and pepperoni.  While the adults worked on the 3rd pizza creating a pretty delish pizza.  It only took about 15 minutes for the pizzas to cook in a 425 degree oven.  We topped the evening off playing the game Jenga.


The kids are spending the night with us next week and I have already decided on personal Calzones…..the family that cooks together loves together.  Yes, the birthday boy was the star of the day!
#familynights #pizzamaker

No comments:

Post a Comment